HKGalden時事臺
發表文章發起投票回覆
英國保守黨議員: 英國政府正考慮制裁中共官員
https://hansard.parliament.uk/Lords/2020-01-20/debates/482438EA-2CEB-4AE4-A703-233111FEC8B0/ChinaUighurs

Lord Ahmad of Wimbledon

My Lords, I believe that China is listening. I have sat in international meetings with the Chinese authorities, raising our concern. As to whether the United Kingdom and other countries will raise Xinjiang and, in particular, the situation of the Uighurs, we have consistently done so. Most recently, we have also called for access to Xinjiang for Michelle Bachelet, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights. These systematic and focused parts of our strategy continue. The noble Lord raised the important issue of the use of sanctions. As he well knows, the Government are currently contemplating this. We would be looking to introduce Magnitsky-style sanctions, which are geared at ensuring that those who commit human rights abuses are not allowed to enter countries. ​Restrictions would be placed on them. I am sure that the Magnitsky sanctions regime will play an important part in the overall mix as we consider our human rights policy globally
Good1Bad0
2020/01/21, 11:42:59 晚上
引用快速引用
本貼文共有 0 個回覆
發表文章發起投票回覆
請先登入以發表回覆